RECRUITMENT INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS, NOT JUST EXPERIENCED RECRUITERS WE ARE INDUSTRY EXPERTS.
Legal Counsel Role:
To provide in house legal advice with respect to the operating practises and procedures across a number of countries within the EMEA group. The role serves a large internal market of people with varying requirements and it is a key need of the person to be able to clearly and concisely articulate the company's position to the internal market as well as the external customer base to ensure a low risk of business exposure. The position will also be expected to advise on all other legal matters, including employment and company secretarial issues.
The role carries a high level of responsibility and will have interface with senior personnel. An ability to communicate complex matters in a simplified way and to make decisions based on best available data is therefore essential.
Main responsibilities of the Legal Counsel role:
• As required draft, review and update agreements and appendices /supplemental agreements made with/by customers, including (but not limited to) Frame Agreements, Terms of Business, Bonded Inventory Managements agreements, Consignment Agreements and other business contracts.
• Review Customer Purchase Agreements and ensure that the terms therein are manageable and favourable and thereby pose low risk of business exposure
• Review supplier agreements for general compliance in line with customer transactions (and vice versa) with particular emphasis on warranty, indemnification provisions or defective product and patent infringement, late delivery and termination provisions
• Provide legal advice on liability and warranty terms relating to defective product / quality claims and maintaining a presence at the Quality Assurance meetings as necessary
• Review any incoming Non-Disclosure Agreements and make suggested changes whilst taking into account other sales terms and condition queries
• Undertake the review of office lease agreements for various sites within the area of responsibility.
• Gain a clear understanding of the export and import control laws and regulation applicable for trading operations in the UK, EU and US, ensuring that current processes are compliant with customs, duties, licensing, and trade regulations
• Provide necessary legal advice on trade compliance consulting the trade compliance team in EMEA
• Responsible for GDPR Compliance and continued implementation.
• Regularly undertake drafting of documents on a wide range of different topics relating to commercial or employment issues
• Assist in the defence and protection of the Company trademarks and generally help to develop and enforce the company’s IP policy.
• Work with other legal counsels within the Company based within EMEA to utilise the knowledge and where possible to provide grounds of commonality
• Review insurance policy arrangements for employees, commercial terms (product recall), property, transportation etc. that are applicable for the UK
• Additional projects or duties as management may at times require
• Qualified lawyer with a law degree or similar qualification.
• Post qualification experience either in a commercial role with a law firm or in house.
• Fluent in English both orally and in writing with working knowledge of German an advantage
• Commercially astute, highly organised and self-motivated.
• Focused on solving problems.
• Meets deadlines and responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills for use internally and externally.
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.