FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
About the role
Our well-established, friendly and professional client is looking to recruit a Finance Administrator. Reporting to the Finance Director this person will assist in the day-to-day administration of the office. The role requires an organiser with strong human and administration qualities. They should have the capacity to maintain the office's day-to-day procedures and ensure professional administrative support. The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, be proactive and also be able to deal with issues and matters quickly and in an efficient manner. They must have good organisation skills and excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities fall into two categories:
Purchase Ledger Management
- Liaison with suppliers ensuring all the invoices are received on time and posting the invoices on Sage line 200
- Preparing & processing invoice payments and intercompany transfers
- Reconciling supplier statements and ensuring all missing supplier invoices are requested from the relevant supplier and closing down the purchase ledger on a quarterly basis. This has to be completed by the second Friday of the relevant quarter end. So being comfortable with strict deadlines is of paramount importance.
- Responsible for obtaining and retaining monthly direct debit invoices and posting them on Sage 200
- Responsible for all aspects of the company credit card statement expenses and employee’s cash expenses. This includes downloading the credit card statements, gathering all the receipts for both cash and credit card expenses and posting all the expenses on Sage line 200.
- After a payment run, matching the payment to the relevant supplier invoices
- Dealing with all supplier queries and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Managing and maintaining the petty cash including posting the petty cash expenses on Sage 200
- Setting up any new suppliers on Sage 200 as and when required
- Filing all supplier invoices, supplier statements, cash and credit card expense claims and any payments documents on SharePoint
- Ad-hoc filing for finance team and other senior staff
- Taking the minutes in finance committee meetings, audit committee, board meetings, any other meetings as required, and distributing the minutes to senior management members in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc projects for finance team and other senior staff
- Maintenance of office supplies, including milk and water orders, postal services, stationery ordering and supplier liaison.
- Responsible for the general office management including gate access control, answering and forwarding phone calls, ordering business cards, ordering and distributing Christmas and Chinese New Year cards as well as organising the office Christmas party and other adhoc events and training days.
- Accountable for maintaining and updating various records such as the holiday log, paper usage and shredding log, conference attendance log and the filing of service provider documents.
- Ensuring document organisation and management of passports, proof of residence etc.
- Assisting in making travel and accommodation arrangements for various office staff (including obtaining visas, arranging travel security and insurance).
- Ad hoc admin support to other members of staff as required.
- Analytical and communication skills (oral and written)
- Good listener, possessing a high degree of sensitivity combined with the ability to be objective
- Process-oriented, highly organised
- Must have great attention to detail and be a flexible team player
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.