RECRUITMENT INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS, NOT JUST EXPERIENCED RECRUITERS WE ARE INDUSTRY EXPERTS.
EXPORT AND SHIPPING MANAGER
About the Export and Shipping Manager role:
The Export and Shipping Manager is responsible for assisting with shipments crossing international borders. The primary responsibility of the Export and Shipping Manager is to ensure that the international export shipments adheres to customs regulations/good distribution practice as described by local regulating authority. Preparing logistics documents associated with international exporting of goods.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards of Export and Shipping Manager:
• Ensures all aspects of Good Distribution Practice guidelines are adhered to
• Overall responsibility for quality assurance throughout the department including inspecting incoming goods and checking outgoing shippers
• Responsible for processing/reviewing international documents for the export of time critical shipments to a list of identified countries. Ensuring compliance with local customs rules and regulations
• Capable of advising clients and staff on matters of custom clearance and export regulations
• Daily communication with project managers, project assistants, distribution department, couriers and freight forwarders regarding compliance and shipment issues
• Providing Pre-Approval Notification for informal & formal clearance exports
• Tracking and managing of complex exports to ensure door-to-door service
• Learn and follow global logistics and compliance guidelines
• Maintains shipping and receiving records, distributes data or reports summarising warehouse activities
• Monitors operations for compliance with regulations governing material/product handling, storage, and distribution where applicable
• Responsible for tracking inventory and ensures physical counts and verifying information against warehousing systems is completed regularly
• Handles moderately complex issues and problems. Refers only the more complex issues to higher level staff
• Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group that receives, stores and distributes materials.
• Degree level or equivalent specialised training in export customs and foreign trade
• Minimum two - three years of experience in international export documentation
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products
• Has a thorough understanding of the current Good Distribution Practice guidelines
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and communications
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Excellent organisational and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Able to demonstrate quality control
• Strong emphasis on international transactions and trade compliance
• Excellent time management
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedbacks. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.