RECRUITMENT INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS, NOT JUST EXPERIENCED RECRUITERS WE ARE INDUSTRY EXPERTS.
ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Salary £28,000 to £30,000
Our client is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to produce monthly Management Accounts for assigned group subsidiary companies, perform Cashbook reconciliations and provide cover for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions when required.
Assistant Management Accountant main duties:
• Preparation of monthly Management Accounts with emphasis on the manufacturing process, which includes inventory and costing analysis
• Performing analytical reviews of nominal ledger accounts for assigned companies, on a monthly, half yearly and full yearly basis
• Performing month end closedown procedures for assigned companies
• Preparation of annual budget for assigned companies
• Preparation of audit files including liasing with external auditors
• Review product profitability highlighting internal control weaknesses
• Fixed Asset Depreciation posting for UK companies
• Cashbook reconciliation for assigned companies
• Cover Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions when required (holiday cover/ hours not covered by part time staff)
Assistant Management Accountant Responsibilities desirable not essential:
• Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification, or looking to do so (CIMA, ACCA)
• AAT (Level 3 or 4), Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant / related subject (e.g. Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Business, Mathematics)
• Experience working in an accounts department (desirable)
• Prior exposure to management accounts or if straight from acedemia a strong understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet and double entry gained through degree course
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedbacks. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.